Solace is a leading London based Design and Technology Agency that partners with ambitious companies to help them gain competitive advantage and disrupt their target markets. We know the key to success for our clients is building user-centric products that solve real-world problems. Monthly revenues are growing month-to-month, currently situated at £100,000 MRR.
- This is a significant and important new role for Solace. This rapidly growing digital product design studio require a qualified, experienced FC to take control of financial administration and reporting and professionalise the entire accounting environment.
- Finance is currently managed by a part-time bookkeeper and the business leans heavily today on its advisers. The time is now right for a full-time FC to be appointed to service the needs of the business today as well as building a platform for future growth.
- The principal finance system currently in use is QuickBooks. However heavy use of Excel is still required to provide meaningful analysis to the CEO and management team.
- We are looking for an experienced FC to take control and develop the finance environment, to build appropriate systems and processes to support this rapidly growing business and to enable improved, accurate financial and commercial reporting & insight as well as providing robust budgetary control.
The FC will be responsible for all internal & external Group financial reporting. The role will encompass:
- Producing product and consolidated monthly management accounts
- Cash management and cashflow forecasting
- Continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through the development of systems, processes and controls
- Implementing and maintaining a strong process and internal control environment
- Preparing and monitoring performance against forecasts and budgets
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the key drivers of the business to derive clear and succinct analyses of the ongoing financial performance of operations
- Implementing & coordinating budgeting and forecasting procedures at product level and preparing consolidated version of the same
- Ensuring compliance with relevant local tax, accounting, and external reporting requirements and obtaining professional advice and input as required
- The Group currently qualifies as a small company and does not require an audit
- The Group reports under FRS102.
- The Group’s external accounting advisers are Wright Vigar.
- The Group uses QuickBooks as its financial accounting system
- There is plenty of scope for improvement in the financial systems and processes including, eg the implementation of a project accounting module to more efficiently manage client projects – from budgeting, capturing and reporting actual costs, project profitability, invoicing and cash management.
Available to start as soon as possible.
Must have requirements:
- Accounting qualification – CIMA or ACA
- Ideally 10 years post qualification experience
- Experience of managing change in rapid growth businesses – preferably in the technology sector (consulting, systems integration or software)
- Experienced in business partnering with commercial leaders to help maintain budgetary control and contributing to the Group’s growth plans
- Experienced people manager having closely managed teams as financial controller or head of finance
- Experienced in the preparation/presentation of monthly management accounts to a tight deadline with consolidated profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows
- Experienced in managing significant change or transformations within the finance function – eg, significant change projects such as systems implementations, building teams, process improvement
- Experience with managing tax compliance – working with the company’s advisors as appropriate
Must have requirements:
- Urgency and focus with a propensity to get things done
- Must have worked in a changing dynamic environment and must be someone who embraces change rather than somebody who might be overwhelmed by it
- Creative with a strong focus on the development of finance and the business during this period of rapid growth
- ‘Hands on’ and organised attitude with strong project management skills and mind set
- ‘Can do’ attitude and takes ownership for issues/problems and works diligently to find solutions and completes tasks
- Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills to effectively analyse financial reports
- Confidence to challenge senior opinions and maintain positive working relationships
- Very strong analytical abilities and aptitude for discovering trends and finding explanations
- Proactive, positive, ‘keen to learn’ attitude and continuous improvement mind set and able to step back and assess
- Strong and effective communication skills both written and verbal, including at meetings and by phone
Must have requirements:
- Strong IT skillsets regarding finance systems performance & maximising their effectiveness
- Strong advanced Excel skills and ability to manipulate data and to analyse/organise data
- Presentation skills and working with PowerPoint